- I have thick, sturdy legs, puffy ankles and wide, paddle-like feet. Finding comfortable socks is not an easy task
- I get blisters easily, and am irritated by toe seams
- I can't stand the leg constriction caused by socks being made for people with less tree-like calves
- Custom-made socks are clearly the answer
- I need to replace the walking-boot socks I bought in Germany when I was ten because a) I can only find one of them and b) they are very slightly too small as my feet have grown a tiny bit since I bought them (though not much. I stopped growing altogether at 11).
- I really, really need to try on as I go
- Not a short-row heel
- They don't seem to be kind to large ankles
- Both socks at the same time
- My gague is inconsistent and I am terrified that it will change, thus giving me two socks of different sizes
- I am very likely to finish the first sock and stop. What could be worse than having just one comfortable sock?
- DK-weight yarn
- I'm not a quick knitter and this will hopefully make it a relatively short first-sock-knitting-experience
- Toe-up pattern from Savannahchick utilising
- Twilley's Freedom Spirit in 514 - Nature
- Both socks will be knit concurrently on two circulars on
- 1 pr Clover Bamboo 3.5 mm (owned)
- 1 pr Addi Turbo 3.5 mm (ordered)
That's the plan, anyway.